Supreme Court Healthcare Ruling: What Do You Think?
Whether you employ 50 employees or not, the Affordable Care Act will affect you. Use this forum to sound off and be heard.
June 28, 2012
If you’re not currently under a rock, you know that the U.S. Supreme Court today upheld most of President Obama’s 2010 healthcare law, the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The law, in addition to the “individual mandate” provision, will require businesses with 50 or more employees to offer basic health insurance and coverage starting in 2014. Businesses that fail to meet the coverage rules would face fines as much as $2,000 per year, per employee.
• Do you think the law will have a positive or negative impact on operations and hiring?
• Are there aspects of ACA that have benefitted or will benefit your company and employees?
• Are there aspects of ACA you would have kept?
• As a result, what company policies will you change moving forward?
• Would you elect to/do you feel it’s right to pay the fines and not offer coverage, because the penalties are cheaper than coverage?
Use this space as your forum to sound off and be heard!
Author: Chris Brown | Posted @ Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:00 AM