Chevrolet Malibu Voted 2009 MY Fleet Car of the Year
Chevrolet wins Fleet Car of the Year four years running. This year, fleets commend the Malibu for exceptional fuel economy, impressive styling and reduced maintenance expenses.
Chevrolet has again captured both Fleet Car and Fleet Truck of the Year awards after doing so for the first time in 2007 for the Impala sedan and Silverado pickup. This year, the Malibu and Silverado 1500 took top honors.
The win is a "four-peat" for Chevrolet. The automaker previously won for the Impala three years running. Fleet professionals voted on the top 2009 model-year fleet vehicles in the annual online award program sponsored by Automotive Fleet magazine.
Qualified fleet buyers voted on 73 2009 model-year domestic and import-badged cars and 21 light-duty trucks, including pickups, vans and SUVs. Votes were cast on www.fleet-central.com.
"We are thrilled the Chevy Malibu has been named the Fleet Car of the Year, following in the footsteps of the Chevy Impala, which received the honor the past three years in a row," said Ed Peper, GM North America vice president of Chevrolet. "Malibu is just a great car with its styling, quality, dependability, and fuel economy— all at a great value. We're glad fleet customers think so, too!"
2009 Malibu: New Features, Better Fuel Economy
After undergoing a complete redesign in 2008, the Malibu's 2009 model featured a few minimal changes and new features. They include an expanded offering of the fuel-saving 2.4L/six-speed automatic power-train combination, new exterior color choices, and a new Bluetooth wireless connectivity option.
The 2009 model changes and new features include:
- The 2.4L four-cylinder with 6-speed automatic transmission is now standard on LTZ models; the V-6/six-speed powertrain is available.
- The 6-speed automatic transmission is standard on 2LT and available on 1LT.
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control with brake assist and traction control is now standard on all models.
- Seventeen-inch fascia spoke wheels and touring tires are now standard on LS and 1LT models.
- Four new exterior colors: Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic, and Silver Moss Metallic.
- Bluetooth connectivity is available with the new OnStar 8.0 system.