Ford: Fuel Economy to Improve 20% by 2010 MY
Ford Motor Company says for the 2010 model year it is delivering its "freshest lineup ever" with a series of new, high-quality, fuel-efficient cars and crossovers and an unprecedented investment in advanced new powertrains.
This week Ford rolled out its entire 2010 model year Ford, Lincoln and Mercury lineup for North America and announced plans for 30 new powertrain actions globally-22 in North America alone-by the end of 2010.
"We are creating a full lineup of Ford vehicles-small, medium and large cars, utilities and trucks-that are best-in-class in fuel efficiency, quality, technology and safety and available to consumers with exceptional value," said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development. "We are making fuel economy a reason to buy a Ford, and we are distinguishing ourselves as leaders in connectivity and unique consumer-friendly technologies-many of which are appearing in our 2010-model lineup for the first time ever."
The unprecedented number of new vehicle introductions for the 2010 model year includes:
- 2010 Ford Taurus and Taurus SHO
- 2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid
- 2010 Ford Mustang and Shelby GT500
- 2010 Ford Flex with EcoBoost
- 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- 2010 Ford Transit Connect
- 2010 Lincoln MKT and MKT with EcoBoost
- 2010 Lincoln MKZ
- 2010 Lincoln MKS with EcoBoost
- 2010 Mercury Milan and Milan Hybrid
Plus, Ford is delivering vehicles with even greater levels of interior comfort as well as more new convenience and safety technologies than competitors offer-even in premium sedans. These new technologies include:
- New SYNC® applications with Traffic, Directions & Information delivered through customers' Bluetooth-capable mobile phones
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®), which alerts drivers when obstacles are in their blind spot
- Automatic Park Assist, which guides vehicles into parallel parking spaces, hands-free