10 Tips for Selling Your Car Online
Sellmyride.ca offers these tips to sell your car online.
- The more detailed your ad, the better. List major options that your car may have. Point out all the positives as these may justify a higher asking price.
- Explain your reasons for selling the car.
- Use an eye-catching headline.
- Pictures grab attention. Post as many as you can and as big as the site will allow.
- Disclose the vehicle’s full history to a potential buyer. You can get this at AutoCheck. Also, be upfront about dings, dents and other problems. Include pictures of these if you can.
- Research beforehand the price of your car before posting. Check other ads for similar cars and try The Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds True Market Value & IntelliChoice’s Car Center to see what your car is worth.
- A phone number may be the best contact information to leave. Email addresses can be collected by spammers.
- Use a website’s internal mailing system or use temporaryinbox.com, a temporary email address, to protect yourself from spammers.
- Be wary of online scammers. Dealing locally is the best way to avoid this.
- Post to as many websites as you can. Some sites include: SellmyRide.us, Kijiji.com, Craigslist.org, Recycler.com, Autoexplosion.com. Some may require you to open an account, but posting is free.