Chrysler Announces New Innovations
Chrysler LLC will introduce a wide array of new and innovative technologies, all designed to enhance the customer experience, the company recently announced at the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress.
Available on 2009 Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge models:
- Customer benefits: improved fuel economy, performance, flexibility and convenience
- In-vehicle wireless Internet connectivity: coming from Mopar by year end
- Rear Cross Path: Chrysler-exclusive system warns drivers of approaching traffic in the parking lot aisle during back-up maneuvers
- Blind Spot Monitoring: exclusive to Chrysler and Dodge in minivan segment
- Active transfer case combined with front-axle disconnect: independent technologies offered together only by Chrysler
- Rear-seat swivel screen : yet another Chrysler exclusive
- Enhanced voice-activated in-vehicle communications system
Chrysler’s product development team has also created a Knowledge-Based Engineering system to speed vehicle development time.
Using the company’s proprietary software, engineering data and knowledge, engineers were able to develop the all-new Dodge Challenger in just 21 months, chopping several months off the normal vehicle development time.
The Knowledge Based Engineering process is now in widespread use at Chrysler, with a goal of speeding development time on all future Chrysler vehicles.