Serves the Commercial Small Fleet Market of 10 – 50 Vehicles

Mercedes-Benz USA Reports Best February Ever

March 3, 2003

Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) reported the best February sales in its history with an 8.1 percent increase for the month and a 5.8 percent increase in year-to-date sales compared to the same period last year. Volume for the month was led by the C-Class model line which recorded 5,688 units sold, up 19.3 percent from the 4,768 sold last year. The C-Class family also led volume for year-to-date sales with growth of 10.7 percent compared to the first two months of 2002. According to the company, the momentum MBUSA established with the introduction of new products in 2002 continues to build, and the company kicked off this year with the additional offerings of 4MATICs and sports packages across much of the C-Class line. Highlights for the month included boosts for the brand's core model lines. The popularity of the new E-Class was demonstrated by a 20.3 percent increase in February sales and 31.4 percent increase year-to-date. Since the launch of the face-lifted S-Class in the fall, sales for the model line continue to build with increases of 13.4 percent for February and 28.3 percent year-to-date. Other highlights include a rise in CL-Class sales of 14.7 percent and a significant jump in SL-Class sales. AMG models posted an eight-percent increase in sales year-to-date. Combined, the high-end model lines (S-, CL- and SL-Classes) saw a sales increase of 43 percent for the month and 49 percent for year-to-date compared to the first two months of 2002. Separately, MBUSA recorded its best February on record for its Starmark certified pre-owned vehicle program with sales of 3,480 units, an increase of 3.9 percent over last February.
Twitter Facebook Google+


Please note that comments may be moderated. 
Leave this field empty:

Fleet Incentives

Determine the actual cost of owning and running a vehicle in your fleet. Compare vehicles by class and model.


Fuel Management

Bernie Kanavagh from WEX will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Fleet Tracking And Telematics

Todd Ewing from Verizon Connect will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Fleet Management And Leasing

Jack Firriolo from Merchants will answer your questions and challenges

View All


Sponsored by

A gas in the atmostphere that absorbs and emits infrared thermal radiation. Examples of gases include carbon dioxide, methane, oxides of nitrogen (NOx), water vapor, and ozone.

Read more

Up Next

More From The World's Largest Fleet Publisher