November 20, 2012
2013-MY Ford Escape Wins <i>Popular Mechanics</i> Car of the Year
2013 Ford Escape
For the 2013-MY, Popular Mechanics' first-ever Car of the Year award was given to the all-new Ford Escape.
The award is part of the magazine's annual Auto Excellence Awards, in which 10 vehicles are chosen as the top vehicles for the year. Other vehicles that won 2013 awards for other categories are:
- Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S for "fun to drive"
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for "performance"
- Ram 1500 for "hauling"
- Cadillac ATS for "luxury"
- SRT Viper for "design"
- Nissan Pathfinder for "versatility"
- Tesla Model S for "technical innovation"
- Hyundai Elantra GT for "value"
- Prius C for "fuel efficiency"
You can see the complete article from Popular Mechanics and why each vehicle was chose here.