Chevrolet introduced a reimagined Trax, which balances the practicality of a compact car and the utility of an SUV, according to the company's news release. The 2024 Trax provides more space for passengers and cargo, along with more standard and available content.
The Trax is 11 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the first-generation model, with rear legroom growing by three inches. Cargo capacity has increased by 12%. Interior dimensions are now nearly identical to the Trailblazer.
The vehicle's starting MSRP is set at $21,4951.
It was announced earlier this year that Chevrolet was discontinuing the Trax.
“The all-new Trax has everything you need and nothing you don’t,” said Scott Bell, vice president of Chevrolet. “More space. More features. More style. This is an entry-level vehicle that will surprise and delight customers with its value and plays a critical role as the gateway into the Chevy brand.”
- Chevy Safety Assist with six advanced safety and driver awareness technologies.
- Larger infotainment screens — a standard 8-inch-diagonal system and an 11-inch-diagonal screen on LT, 2RS, and ACTIV trims.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto5 capability.
- LED headlamps.
- 17-inch, 18-inch, or 19-inch wheels.
- Four-wheel disc brakes.
- Active Noise Cancellation.
The new Trax is powered by a 1.2L turbocharged inline-three engine rated at a GM-estimated 137 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. It is matched with a proven six-speed automatic transmission, according to Chevrolet.
Interior features include:
- Center console with ergonomically optimized shifter location.
- An electronic parking brake opens up more storage space in the console.
- Four bottle holders and two cupholders.
- Heated front seats, steering wheel, and outside mirrors are standard on 1RS, 2RS, and ACTIV and available on LT. Heated front seats and outside mirrors are available on LS.
- Remote start standard on 1RS, LT, 2RS, and ACTIV and available on LS.
- Automatic climate control, push-button start, and added rear-seat USB ports on LT, 2RS, and ACTIV.
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat on ACTIV.
- Available sunroof.
The 2024 Trax also features a suite of six advanced safety and driver awareness technologies that include:
- Automatic Emergency Braking.
- Front Pedestrian Braking.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning.
- Forward Collision Alert.
- IntelliBeam auto high-beam control.
- Following Distance Indicator.
The new 2024 Chevrolet Trax goes on sale in the spring of 2023.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet