Ford announced on Oct. 3 that it will be introducing a new F-150 Lightning model – F-150 Lightning Flash.
The F-150 Lightning Flash expands on the XLT model line by adding in-demand tech capabilities, including an extended-range battery, which has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 320 miles, available Ford BlueCruise hands-free highway driving, and a standard 15.5-inch touchscreen.
The F-150 Lightning Flash customer values an EV powertrain and advanced tech features.
“The F-150 Lightning Flash is a direct outcome of engaging with and learning from our customers. This truck combines many of the technology-forward features our customers love in our EV lineup, at a more accessible price,” said COO for Ford Model e Marin Gjaja in a recent news release. “With an EPA-estimated 320 miles of range, the Lighting Flash is another example of the speed at which we are adapting to grow our EV business.”
The F-150 Lightning Flash comes with version 1.2 of the hands-free highway driving technology Ford BlueCruise, which includes lane change assist, allowing the driver to change lanes hands-free by tapping the turn signal once the path is clear, and in-lane repositioning to help to keep the vehicle in its lane while subtly shifting position away from vehicles in adjacent lanes.
- $69,995 MSRP
- 320 miles - extended range battery
- Online orders open early 2024
- 15.5-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with swipe capability
- B&O sound system with HD radio - includes eight speakers and subwoofer
- Intelligent access with push-button start – includes approach detection and SecuriCode keyless entry keypad, driver's side
- Wireless charging pad
- Power tailgate
- Tailgate step with tailgate work surface
- Tow technology package, which includes pro trailer backup assist, trailer brake controller, smart hitch, on-board scales, smart trailer tow connection, and trailer reverse guidance
- Heat pump to optimize the vehicle’s energy consumption
F-150 Lightning drivers can access the BlueOval charge network with over 84,000 chargers available. Starting next year, F-150 Lightning drivers also will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers.
Additionally, Ford EV dealers are also adding public-facing fast chargers and locations to the BlueOval Charge Network.
F-150 Lightning owners can charge overnight with the available Ford Mobile Charger on a 240V wall outlet. To maximize home charging speed and connected features at home, they can purchase the Ford connected charge station and its on-demand 48 amps of power.
The 2024 F-150 Lightning Family
In early 2024, the following will be available for online customer orders:
- The F-150 Lightning Pro - $49,995
- The F-150 Lightning XLT - $57,495
- The F-150 Lightning Flash with extended range - $69,995
- The F-150 Lightning Lariat with extended range - $77,495
- The F-150 Lightning Platinum with extended range - $89,995
- The limited-edition F-150 Lightning Platinum Black with extended range - $97,995
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet