Enterprise Fleet Services, which specializes in managing fleets for companies with 15-125 vehicles, announced that it surpassed its goal and saved customers more than $3.5 million in maintenance and repair costs during the 2002 fiscal year (which ended on July 31, 2003).
The record savings represents the second consecutive year that Enterprise has exceeded its goal for saving money for customers with maintenance management programs. For 2002, the company exceeded its savings goal by more than $10,000, and in 2001, it exceeded its savings goal by more than $9,000.
Enterprise says it is the only fleet management company that extends maintenance coverage to virtually all makes of cars, as well as light duty trucks, service vehicles, and many diesel engine vehicles. If drivers ever experience a problem, help is available from a network of more than 65,000 affiliated service centers nationwide.
Customer maintenance programs are managed by Enterprise's national team of mechanics and accredited Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) technicians, in cooperation with local account teams in 48 locations across the United States. In addition to providing what it describes as economical, timely and high-quality repairs for fleet vehicles, Enterprise says it ensures customers receive maximum warranty benefits, as well as rebates, price breaks and other opportunities to minimize expenses.
Earlier this year, Enterprise's National Service Department received the ASE "Blue Seal of Excellence" award for the sixth consecutive year, setting an industry record.
Some recent examples that the company says typify Enterprise's expertise in scrutinizing estimates and paying attention to details on a customer's behalf include the following:
- Although a light duty pickup with 39,000 miles was 3,200 miles out of warranty, Enterprise arranged warranty coverage for a new transmission, which saved the customer $2,600.
- After determining that a quote to repair a catalytic converter was excessive, the customer was directed to an exhaust shop, which did the work for $1,600 less.
- When a bid was received for extensive work on a 2001 vehicle with 101,000 miles that was scheduled to be replaced in two months, service was limited to safety-related items for a savings of $1,300.
- After the air conditioning went out on a 1997 van, Enterprise was able to fax a copy of the original invoice showing that the shop had agreed to warranty work done on the same vehicle's air conditioning just three months earlier, saving more than $1,000 for the repairs.
- A customer saved more than $800 after Enterprise recommended taking the vehicle to another shop for a second opinion.
- Even though it had been nearly 2-1/2 years since a 1998 van with 139,000 miles had a front brake overhaul, Enterprise arranged for additional brake work to be covered by warranty and saved the customer nearly $1,000.
About Enterprise Fleet Services
With more than 11,000 fleet customers and 5,000 rental locations nationwide, Enterprise says it has been able to develop relationships with local service center contacts, and says it has the ability to negotiate the best prices on maintenance and repairs.
According to Jim Block, assistant vice president of Enterprise, "From negotiating better prices based on obtaining second opinions, to facilitating factory assistance claims and securing available rebates, we place a high priority on making sure the customer gets the best service and value."
For example, Enterprise works to protect customers from having to pay for unnecessary repairs or those that may be already covered by warranty. "We also monitor estimates for repairs to ensure they remain within accepted ranges for the make and model of the vehicle, as well as geographic area," Block said.
As a full-service company for businesses with small to mid-size fleets, Enterprise also provides services ranging from vehicle acquisition, fuel management and insurance programs, to registration, reporting and vehicle remarketing.
Enterprise Fleet Services is a division of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the largest rental car company in North America.
For more information, visit its Web site at www.enterprise.com/fleets
or call toll free (877) 23-FLEET.