Detroit--The winners of the second annual Telematics Update Awards were announced on May 25th at the 2004 Telematics Update conference in Detroit.
The Telematics Update Awards program recognizes companies and individuals for their outstanding performance and achievements in categories such as leadership, innovation and true excellence in their field.
Telematics is defined as the integration of wireless communications, vehicle monitoring systems and location devices.
The 2004 winners are:
· Motorola AVIS Assist - Telematics Technology Award: Best Telematics Terminal or Handheld product
· Microsoft - Connected Car Technology - Telematics Technology Award: Best Telematics Solution
· Motorola VIAMOTO - Telematics Services and Applications: Best Consumer Vehicle Application
· Networkcar - Commercial Vehicle Solution - Telematics Services and Applications: Best Commercial Vehicle Application
· Chet Huber – OnStar - Leadership Award
· Telcontar - Mobile Location Server - Horizon Award
· OnStar and Cross Country (joint winners) - Telematics in Action Award: Best use of telematics for safety