To determine Vincentric’s Best Fleet Value in America™ awards, Vincentric developed the most comprehensive analysis of fleet lifecycle costs ever performed for the industry.
The company measured 8 cost factors for over 1,900 vehicle configurations in the 2006 model year, with twelve different mileage/lifecycle timeframe scenarios used in each of the 50 states plus DC. The resulting 9,000,000+ lifecycle cost measurements were then reviewed to determine the winning vehicles.
The eight cost factors that determined overall lifecycle costs were depreciation, fuel, insurance, opportunity cost, financing, maintenance, taxes and state fees, and repairs. These costs were integrated with the Vincentric Fleet Price, which estimates the acquisition cost for each vehicle in the study.
“Our winners provide great value in a wide range of lifecycle scenarios”, stated David Wurster, President of Vincentric. “Annual mileage was measured ranging from a low of 20,000 miles to a high of 30,000 miles, along with timeframes from 24 to 60 months of ownership.”
The vehicle segments and the winners of Vincentric’s Best Fleet Value in America™ awards for the 2006 model year are listed below. In addition, a review of each winner and further information about the study is available at www.vincentric.com.
Winners of Vincentric’s Best Fleet Value in America™
- Subcompact: Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4D Hatchback
- Compact, over $17,000: Mazda3 S 4D Hatchback
- Compact, under $17,000: Toyota Corolla CE 4D Sedan 5sp
- Mid-Size, over $23,000: Toyota Camry SE V6 VVTi 4D Sedan a.t.
- Mid-Size, under $23,000: Toyota Camry Base 4D Sedan 5sp
- Large: Toyota Avalon XL 4D Sedan
- Near Luxury: Volvo S40 2.4i 4D Sedan
- Luxury: Volvo S80 2.5T 4D Sedan
- Prestige Luxury: Mercedes-Benz E Class E500 4D Sedan
- Wagon, over $24,500: Subaru Legacy Outback 5D Wagon 5sp
- Wagon, under $24,500: Toyota Matrix STD 4D Hatchback 2WD 5sp
- Crossover, over $28,000: Nissan Murano SL 4D Utility 2WD
- Crossover, under $28,000: Chrysler PT Cruiser Base 4D Utility
Sport Utility Vehicles:
- Compact SUV, over $22,500: Toyota Rav4 Limited 4D Utility 2WD 4cyl
- Compact SUV, under $22,500: Toyota Rav4 Base 4D Utility 2WD 4cyl
- Mid-Size SUV, over $30,000: Toyota Highlander Limited 4D Utility 2WD w/3rd row seat
- Mid-Size SUV, under $30,000: Toyota Highlander Base 4D Utility 2WD 4cyl
- Large SUV, over $40,500: Toyota Sequoia Limited 4D Utility 2WD
- Large SUV, under $40,500: Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4D Utility Ext 2WD
Pickup Trucks and Cab/Chassis:
- Compact Pickup: Toyota Tacoma Base Reg Cab 2WD 5sp
- Full Size Pickup: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 W/T Reg Cab 2WD 119
- Heavy Duty ¾ Ton Pickup: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD W/T Reg Cab 2WD LWB
- Heavy Duty 1 Ton Pickup: Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT Ext Cab 2WD LWB DRW
- Cab/Chassis: Chevrolet Silverado 3500LD C/C LT Reg Cab 2WD 137.0
- Minivan, over $27,000: Toyota Sienna XLE 5D Wagon 7 Pass FWD
- Minivan, under $27,000: Mazda5 Sport 4D Wagon
- Full Size Passenger Van: GMC Savana/Chevrolet Express G1500 Wagon SWB
- Mini Cargo Van: Dodge Caravan Base Cargo Van
- Full Size Cargo Van: GMC Savana/Chevrolet Express G1500 Cargo SWB
ABOUT VINCENTRIC Vincentric provides data, knowledge, and insight to the automotive industry by identifying and applying the many aspects of automotive value. Using Vinbase™, its comprehensive, proprietary cost-of-ownership database, the company measures and analyzes the overall cost of owning and operating vehicles and its effect on the value provided to buyers. Vincentric data is used by organizations such as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, The AutoChannel.com, Business Fleet Magazine and Fleet-Central.com as a means of providing automotive insight to their clientele. Vincentric, LLC, is a privately held automotive data compilation and analysis firm headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.