The Knowledge Network Workshops are designed to offer employers a unique small group opportunity to learn more effectively about a specific workplace safety challenge and problem-solve through collaboration with peers and safety experts.
Participants will have the opportunity to complete and submit a confidential High-Risk Driving Practices Benchmarking Survey prior to the workshop and then discuss the collective findings of all participants in small moderator-facilitated groups and compare effective intervention approaches.
High-Risk Driving in the Workplace, the first in the Knowledge Network Workshop, uses the unique NETS meeting format to focus employer’s attention on their organization’s vulnerability due to their employees’ driving environments (road, vehicle, and weather conditions), operator abilities and attitudes. Workshop participants will:
• Respond to a critical safety issue that makes their organization vulnerable to potential liabilities or legal costs.
• Benchmark their organization’s driver safety practices to determine how their program compares with others. This exercise will provide valuable insight into the safety of your drivers.
• Problem solve in a small group setting to discover if you have put in place effective measures to ensure the safety of your employees while driving for work and reduce their crash-risk.
Organizations need to adopt safety interventions that reduce risk to employees from work-related road travel. If these measures do not cover all employees, including those hired for their specialty skills—not their incidental driving skills—then your organization may be in a precarious liability situation with unqualified or at-risk drivers on the road.
The one-day workshops will be held during 2007- 2008 in various locations:
Currently scheduled in:
• Boston (Hopkinton), MA – September 7, 2007
• St. Louis, MO -- October 3, 2007
• Atlanta (Stockbridge), GA -- November 8, 2007
Check back often as new dates and sites will be added. To host this workshop in your location, contact NETS.
The workshop fee is $325.00. A 10% discount will be applied to organizations enrolling two or more participants. Registration will be limited to 60 participants for maximum networking opportunities.
For further information, contact NETS at 1-888-221-0045 or visit: