ALPHARETTA, GA – AmeriFleet, a provider of total logistics solutions and transportation services to the fleet management and corporate fleet industry, will announce a comprehensive system wide green initiative early next month. The initiative is designed to support AmeriFleet's commitment to provide quality service in a manner that ensures a healthy workplace and minimizes the company's potential impact on the environment. The program compliments green efforts of AmeriFleet's fleet management partners. AmeriFleet will officially unveil the program at the NAFA 2008 Institute & Expo, one of the largest fleet management events in the world, which takes place May 4–5 in Salt Lake City.
"AmeriFleet recognizes environmental protection as one of our guiding principles and a key component of sound business performance," said John Norris, president, AmeriFleet Transportation. "From the office to the detail area to the highway, we will strive to use environmental best practices in all we do."
Highlights of AmeriFleet's green initiatives include:
Employees in the Office
- Use of sensor lights in offices/conference rooms and other associated work areas.
- Use of biodegradable cleaning products.
- Use of recyclable printer/copier/toner cartridges with an emphasis on reusing other products when possible.
- Composting lunch and kitchen waste.
Employees in Detail Bay Area
- Utilize washable rags rather than disposable products.
- Avoiding engine idling.
- Use of biodegradable and earth friendly products.
Service Delivery Professionals on the Highway
- Using alternate fuel when appropriate.
- Turning off the engine when stopped for more than 10 seconds and not idling for more than 30 seconds.
- Ensuring tire pressures are at recommended levels and that all vehicles have proper maintenance.
Future AmeriFleet green initiatives will include consideration of a discount for any moves of hybrid vehicles. Reinforcing the company's commitment to making a difference with the environment, employees will be offered educational 'lunch and learn' opportunities throughout the year. AmeriFleet will also display posters in the workplace indicating what is and is not recyclable and containers to separate trash from these materials.
For more information on AmeriFleet's green initiative visit them at booth number 1001 at the NAFA Institute and Expo and/or visit www.amerifleet.com.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet