The Ram Truck Brand announced it will immediately begin shipping the all-new 2011 Ram Chassis Cab truck to its North American commercial vehicle dealers. The first Ram Chassis Cabs will start arriving in dealerships in late May 2010.
"With Ram Chassis Cabs on their way to dealerships across North America from our Saltillo Assembly Plant, Ram Truck customers now have a full line of vehicles available to meet their needs," said Scott Garberding, head of manufacturing, Chrysler Group LLC. "The dedicated employees of the Saltillo plant have worked tirelessly to ensure that the highest quality vehicles come off the line. It is because of their efforts, along with those of the entire team, that the Ram Heavy Duty was named Motor Trend's Truck of the Year."
The 2011 Ram Chassis Cab features:
- Best-in-class standard horsepower and torque. The Ram 3500 Chassis Cab is equipped with the 5.7L HEMI V-8 gasoline engine, which offers 383 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Best-in-class brake life provided by the largest brakes in the segment
- Best-in-class standard GVWR (19,500 lbs on Ram 5500)
- Best-in-class powertrain warranty: 5 years, 100,000 miles
- Class-exclusive manual transmission
Ram Chassis Cab trucks are available in three weight classes (3500, 4500 and 5500), three trim levels (ST, SLT and Laramie) and four cab-to-axle lengths (60, 84, 108 and 120). They're also available with two powertrains: the 5.7-liter HEMI (3500 only) and the proven, commercial grade 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel; three transmissions: 6-speed manual (diesel only), 5-speed automatic (gas) and 6-speed automatic (diesel), and a choice of two- or four-wheel drive.