Chrysler Group LLC has begun the dealer selection process for the reintroduction of the Fiat brand in the United States.
Chrysler Group expects to select dealers in about 125 markets identified for growth potential in the small-car segment. Fiat dealers will be located in approximately 41 states.
"The Fiat dealer network will be appropriately sized to serve the market opportunity," said Peter Grady, vice president of network development and fleet. "Our vision is to establish a dealer network that will reflect and enhance the brand's reputation for innovation and fun, and will offer a unique, personalized customer experience."
Chrysler Group will send dealer application guides to dealers in the identified markets, which will contain specific Fiat dealer requirements and instructions on submitting a proposal. The guide presents details on facility, sales strategy, accessory sales, service and parts departments, training curriculum and financial requirements. Basic guidelines include:
- Location - The majority of dealerships will be located in the identified markets.
- Eligible Dealers - Proposals from Chrysler Group's best performing dealers will have preference in the identified markets.
- Dealer Performance - Chrysler Group will evaluate interested dealers on volume performance, minimum sales responsibility accomplishment, capitalization and overall Dealer Standards score. In addition, the company will individually evaluate the proposed facility and customer handling metrics.
- Fiat Facility: A completely separate facility will be required to represent the Fiat brand.
- Fiat Team: A separate Fiat team will be required to sell and service the Fiat brand.
- Fiat Standards: Fiat standards will be unique from existing Chrysler Group Dealer Standards.
- Financial: Dealer candidates will have to show that they have the financial resources necessary to support the introduction of the Fiat brand.
Dealers located in target markets will be invited to attend a meeting in Chrysler Group World Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Mich. Chrysler Group plans to officially announce its U.S. Fiat dealer network locations in September.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet