Buick revealed the production version of the 2012 Regal GS, a sportier version of the Regal sport sedan that went on sale earlier this year.
Powered by a high-output, exclusive Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission, the GS delivers an estimated 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. of torque for a 0-60 mph performance of less than seven seconds (estimated).
Buick's Interactive Drive Control System is standard on the GS, allowing drivers to customize the driving experience by changing the suspension settings and steering sensitivity between three modes: standard, sport and GS.
"Built on the performance foundation of the Regal, the Regal GS was designed as an even sportier expression of responsive performance and style," said John Schwegman, vice president of Buick marketing. "The driving experience is powerful and spirited; and the GS represents the next entry in Buick's product renaissance."
The Regal GS goes on sale in the second half of 2011. Pricing has not yet been announced.
Product highlights include:
- Exclusive Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged and intercooled engine rated at an estimated 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm)
- Six-speed manual transmission, with six-speed automatic with Driver Shift Control to be offered later
- Interactive Drive Control System with GS mode
- Four-wheel independent system with HiPerStrut front suspension
- High-performance four-wheel disc brake system with Brembo front calipers
- Standard 19-inch, 5-Twin Spoke alloy wheels and all-season tire and optional 20-inch, 5-Twin Spoke polished alloy wheels with performance tires.
Standard amenities for the Regal GS include:
- Passive keyless entry with push-button start
- Standard XM Satellite Radio with three-month trial service
- Harmon/Kardon premium 320-watt sound system with nine speakers
- Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel with audio controls
- Leather-appointed sport seating
- Heated driver and front passenger seats, with 12-way adjustable driver and front passenger seats - including four-way lumbar adjustment
- 120-volt accessory power outlet
- Power windows with express up/down feature in the front and express down in the rear
- Front and rear ultrasonic parking assist
- Bi-xenon HID headlamps.
See all comments