The Los Angeles Auto Show confirmed Nov. 12 that nearly 50 vehicles will debut at the show Nov. 28-29 when it opens for the press and Nov. 30-Dec. 9 for the public
You can check back later this month at www.businessfleet.com for coverage of the vehicle debuts as well as a photo gallery of the event. You can see a photo gallery of the 2011 LA Auto Show here.
Overall, there will be 12 all-electric or plug-in electric models at the show, at least a dozen clean-diesel vehicles and nearly 20 vehicles achieving 40-plus mpg with advanced four-cylinder gasoline engines. And according to the LA Auto Show, 24 vehicles are will see their world debut, while 25 will premiere in North America for the first time.
Vehicle Debuts include:
- World debut of Fiat's first electric vehicle, the 500e
- World debut of first all-electric vehicle for General Motors with the Chevrolet Spark EV
- Ford will have multiple new releases including the 2013 Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, the Fusion Energi plug-in, the Focus Electric and an undisclosed world debut.
- Honda will debut its new Accord plug-in hybrid.
- Debut of the North American version of the 5-passenger Fiat 500L.
- Mini USA will also compete in this segment with the North American debut of the Paceman and the Clubvan.
- Hyundai will debut a longer, seven passenger version of its Santa Fe crossover along with an undisclosed world debut