Spireon Announces Upgrades to VehiclePath and New Website
Spireon Inc., a provider of mobile resource management and business intelligence solutions used by local fleet owners, announced Aug. 8 the release of its new VehiclePath 2.0 User Interface (UI), its new VP2500 GPS device and its new VehiclePath website. VehiclePath is a GPS-based information platform that connects local fleet owners and managers to real-time intelligence.
“VehiclePath 2.0 changes the game with a host of upgrades designed to meet the demands of fleet owners,” said Gary Schneider, VP and general manager of VehiclePath. “Among the many enhanced features, fleet owners will find the next-generation of VehiclePath to be even easier to use, more intuitive and packed with more powerful functionality — all designed to drive our customers’ fleet performance as well as their bottom line.”
The latest generation of VehiclePath offers a number of enhanced features and more robust functionality, including:
- Completely new Graphical User Interface that’s easier to navigate and understand.
- Simple, intuitive workflow designed to increase productivity and efficiencies.
- Instant single-screen views of recent jobs, jobs statuses and messages.
- Configurable control panel that allows users to meet their specific requirements with drag-and-drop ease, allowing users to save for future use.
- New options that allow users to snap route line to roads and toggle among satellite views, conventional map views and Google street views.
- Greater control over map views in the main map window.
- Seamless, simplified integration with popular Garmin™ vehicle navigation and messaging devices.
- A mini-dashboard on every screen showing fleet vehicle status summaries.
“The enhancements in VehiclePath 2.0 are the direct result of feedback we’ve heard from customers and from the fleet industry at-large,” added Schneider.
In addition to the new UI, Spireon is introducing the VP2500 Series Fleet Tracking Devices. The VP2500 has the option of an internal or external antenna. With the VP2500, local fleet owners can benefit from its new features.
The VP2500 Series product features include:
- Enterprise Class Devices
- Three-year warranty
- CDMA or GPRS technology to deliver the high reliability needed to help streamline operations, reduce costs, and improve driver safety
- Internal antennas for easy or covert installation
- Optional external antennas
- Garmin navigation compatibility
- Multiple inputs and outputs
- Over-the-air configuration
- Capability to store and forward up to 20,000 data points
In concert with the release of VehiclePath 2.0 and VP2500, Spireon launched the new VehiclePath website featuring a range of enhancements of its own.
This enhanced website content includes:
- Tips for local business in a video animation format featuring Spireon spokesperson, former three-time Super Bowl winning coach of the Washington Redskins and three-time champion NASCAR cup series team owner Joe Gibbs, demonstrating the value of VehiclePath.
- A full-fledged media center including blogs, articles, press coverage and soon-to-be launched video library.
- Social media links to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
To visit the new VehiclePath website and to learn more about the upgraded VehiclePath 2.0 solution, visit vehiclepath.com.
For additional information, please visit Spireon, Inc.’s website http://www.spireon.com.