2014 Fiat 500L, Jeep Cherokee Named Top Safety Picks
2014 Jeep Cherokee
The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) this week designated both the 2014 model-year Fiat 500L and the 2014 model-year Jeep Cherokee as “Top Safety Picks,” based on their performance in recent crash tests.
In the past 10 months, a total of 14 Chrysler Group vehicles have earned the Top Safety Pick designation. Top Safety Pick testing simulates a side impact, front moderate-overlap impact, roof-crush consistent with a rollover, and a rear collision capable of inducing whiplash. In each of these tests, both the 2014 MY Fiat 500L and Jeep Cherokee recorded the highest-possible rating of “good.”
The other Chrysler Group vehicles that have drawn the Top Safety Pick honor in the past 10 months include:
• The 2013 Fiat 500 minicar
• 2013 Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger large family cars
• 2013 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan minivans
• 2013 Dodge Journey, 2014 Durango and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee mid-size SUVs
• 2014 Jeep Patriot small SUV.
2014 Fiat 500L