IntelliChoice.com, a source for automotive ownership cost and value analysis, and part of media and marketing services company Source Interlink Companies Inc., announced Feb. 12 the winners of its annual Best Overall Value of the Year (BOVY) awards for 2009 cars, trucks, crossovers and SUVs. The BOVY awards, which evaluate every facet of what it costs to own and operate a vehicle over time, identify best-in-class vehicles that deliver outstanding value and lower than expected costs.
For the third consecutive year, IntelliChoice.com named the Toyota Prius the "Best Overall Car Under $24,000", while the MINI Cooper Convertible won "Best Overall Car Over $24,000." GM and Toyota split the overall truck winners, with the GMC Sierra Crew Cab Hybrid taking home "Best Truck Value Over $26,000," and the Toyota Tacoma "Best Overall Truck Under $26,000."
2009 marks the third consecutive year that Toyota and GM have vied for the highest total number of Best Overall Values of the Year.
Now in its 22nd year, IntelliChoice.com's BOVY awards recognize vehicles whose cost of ownership is significantly lower than expected compared to competitive models in the same class.
2009 Overall Winners
This year, IntelliChoice.com identified 35 winning models by segment and class, with eight overall category winners, including one tie. The overall category winners are:
- Best Car Value Under $24,000 – Toyota Prius
- Best Car Value Over $24,000 – MINI Cooper Convertible
- Best Crossover/SUV Value Under $28,000 – Mercury Mariner Hybrid and Ford Escape Hybrid (tie)
- Best Crossover/SUV Value Over $28,000 – Lexus RX
- Best Truck Value Under $26,000 – Toyota Tacoma 2WD
- Best Truck Value Over $26,000 – GMC Sierra Crew Cab Hybrid
- Best Van Value Under $26,000 – Honda Odyssey
- Best Van Value Over $26,000 – Chevrolet Express 1500
See all comments