DETROIT – The Ford Taurus is all-new for 2010, with an expressive design, impeccable driving dynamics, class-leading technologies and unsurpassed value, according to the company.
Available this summer, the 2010 Taurus will start at $25,995-the same as the 2009 model-but with more features, new technologies and craftsmanship that rivals premium-priced sedans. Taurus available technologies-10 of which cannot be found on any other cars in its segment-deliver on consumer needs and wants by enhancing the driving experience.
These class-exclusive technologies include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support
- BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross Traffic Alert
- SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad
- Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS(R) Travel Link
- Ford SYNC(R) with Traffic, Directions and Information
- Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion
- Easy Fuel Capless Fuel-Filler
- 3.5L EcoBoost Twin Turbo Engine with Direct Injection
- Sony Surround Sound System
The 2010 Taurus will feature the Duratec 3.5-liter V-6 mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, delivering impressive power and fuel economy and available in front- or all-wheel drive. The Taurus SHO has a twin-turbo 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6, delivering the power of a V-8, without compromise to its V-6 fuel efficiency. The SHO transfers its 365 horsepower and 350 ft.-lbs. of torque through a 6-speed SelectShift Automatic gearbox, featuring steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters and all-wheel drive.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet