The CEI Group Inc. (CEI) announced Feb. 24 the addition of a new training module to its DriverCare menu. "All-Wheel Drive: Know the Basics" program is a 10-minute lesson that includes a test and makes a downloadable certificate available to drivers who pass the test.
Among the learning points in the lesson are:
- The benefits of all-wheel and four-wheel drive
- How all-wheel and four-wheel drive work
- The difference between all-wheel and four-wheel drive
- The different kinds of all-wheel drive
- The dangers of overconfidence in all-wheel drive
"The module is for all drivers, whether their vehicle has all-wheel drive or not, because it prepares them for the day they find themselves in the driver's seat of one that does," said Brian Kinniry, CEI's manager of risk and safety solutions.
DriverCare is CEI's brand name for its line of driver safety and risk management services, which include fleet risk management, MVR ordering and compliance, on-line and behind-the-wheel driver safety training and a safety newsletter.