Inilex, a provider of telemetry solutions for vehicles and the makers of the SkyLINK vehicle tracking solution, has introduced InilexGPS FLEET geared for small- and medium-sized fleets operating between 15 and 150 vehicles.
The InilexGPS FLEET system enables companies to track their fleet vehicles and receive reports about their location, speeds, idle times, mileage, maintenance schedules and other up-to-the-minute data that assists with business decisions. Inlex said that small companies with InilexGPS FLEET can have the same operational benefits of a full-time, on-staff fleet manager without the expense.
“We saw a gap in the marketplace where the needs of smaller fleets were largely underserved, yet their need for efficiency is greater when you consider most operate within a tighter margin than large enterprises,” said Michael Maledon, CEO of Inilex. “We already had the core technologies in place to serve this market, and we’re doing so with a system that is simple to use and delivers hard dollar value. Consider that by just curbing idling times, businesses can permanently lower fuel costs by up to 25%.”
InilexGPS FLEET is a small device that is installed on any vehicle or piece of equipment, from car to bus to tractor to container. Management and reporting is performed through a web-based interface.
InilexGPS FLEET core features include:
- Military-grade device – To withstand even the toughest conditions, the InilexGPS FLEET unit is military grade, as well as water-resistant and shockproof.
- Idle alerts – InilexGPS FLEET promotes green driving and reduces fuel costs by documenting idling behavior. If a fleet vehicle idles for more than 10 minutes without moving, the system will send an alert and store it for future reporting.
- Maintenance alerts – The system helps prevent downtime by reminding managers of scheduled maintenance events, including preventative maintenance alerts based on a vehicle's actual mileage.
- GeoFences – With GeoFences, companies can set up a pre-defined geographic boundary and receive an alert when the line is crossed. This discourages drivers from going into unauthorized areas or using the fleet vehicles for personal business.
- Speed alerts – Speed alerts promote driver and vehicle safety, and can also cut fuel costs. If a driver goes in excess of a pre-set speed threshold, it triggers an email or text message alert that is sent to the manager. The event is also stored in the InilexGPS FLEET system.
- Vehicle tracking – InilexGPS FLEET provides real-time and historic vehicle location tracking, which enables companies to implement more efficient routing, provide proof of service, increase employee productivity and guarantee customer satisfaction.
InilexGPS FLEET is now available directly through Inilex, as well as through select auto dealerships nationwide. Options include the standard installed model, as well as a battery-powered model.
More information can be found at www.inilex.com.
Related articles: Small Fleet Profiles