The all-new 2025 Ram 1500 Ramcharger debuted with a targeted range of up to 690 miles.
It features a 92 kilowatt-hour battery pack, paired with an on-board 130 kW generator, sending power to 250-kilowatt front and 238 kW rear electric drive modules.
Ram 1500 Electric Cabailities
The 2025 Ram 1500 Ramcharger features one electric drive module EDM on the front axle with an automatic wheel-end disconnect that allow the front wheels to spin freely in certain conditions, maximizing efficiency.
The second electric drive module, or EDM, is positioned on the rear axle with an available electronic-locking rear differential.
Other features include:
- 3.6L V-6 engine to the on-board 130 kW generator. The engine generates mechanical power converted to electrical power by the generator.
- The electrical power can be used to charge the battery when the battery is depleted or if the driver wants to preserve the battery power. It can also be applied to the high-voltage bus where the EDMs can use the generator electrical power plus the battery electrical power to provide maximum power to the wheels. There is no direct mechanical path from the engine to the wheels.
- The 3.6L Pentastar V-6 engine is adapted for the specific mission of powering the on-board generator, with packaging to make room for the front EDM. The on-board generator mounts directly to the engine while a power inverter module mounts on the vehicle and connects to a junction box.
- Recharging solution with the ability to add up to 50 miles of all-electric range in approximately 10 minutes with 400-volt DC fast charging at up to 145 kW.
- STLA Frame platform and is designed specifically for full-size electric vehicles featuring a body-on-frame design. The all-new high-strength steel frame is comprised of advanced materials to be lightweight yet stiff and durable. The STLA Frame is wider in the middle to efficiently incorporate the battery pack while still using protection afforded by the frame rails.
- Autonomous Drive Assist System vehicle capabilities include Hands-free Highway Assist (L2+) offering hands-off driving at all speeds and lane centering on approved roadways for even greater driving convenience.
Exterior Design Distinguishes Ramcharger in the Light-Duty Lineup
Other exterior features include:
- A drawn body-side character line stretches from front to rear, tying together the front fender, cab
doors and bed fenders for a consistent horizontal profile.
- All-new power tailgate and a new, modern and contemporary R-A-M badge are unique to the lineup.
- As the truck’s backbone, the Ram 1500 Ramcharger enjoys the same usability of the truck bed as its gasoline-powered counterpart with the capability of carrying plywood and drywall with ease.
- Lockable bed storage in the segment with the RamBox featuring a 115-volt outlet.
Pickup Interiors Crafted with High-Quality
Authentic and premium materials include carbon-fiber, metal and leather elements only seen in a Ram truck.
Other interior features include:
- Uconnect 5 system with a new 14.5-inch touchscreen, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, a segment-first 10.25-inch passenger screen, digital rearview mirror, Head-up Display (HUD), and a Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system.
- E-shifter (P/R/N/D functionality with new buttons for eco mode, e-save and electric+), new regen buttons (normal, max regen with one pedal driving), a redesigned starter button that now features an illuminated power symbol, push-button trailer steering knob and an accessory switch bank that, when equipped with the 14.5-inch touchscreen, uses buttons both on the bottom of the touchscreen and directly off screen below.
- Performance-tuned software to pre-configure and distinguish five dynamic modes – Auto, Sport, Tow, Snow and Off-road – enabling drivers to choose a vehicle setting that ideally meets their requirements and ambient conditions. The drive modes separately control the drive system, accelerator response, regen level, suspension and steering.
Increasingly Advanced Tech Inside the Ramcharger
A few highlights of the system in the new Ramcharger include:
- 12- and new 14.5-inch reconfigurable touchscreen displays that feature split-screen capability for dual application operation. Both touchscreens utilize Full Array Local Dimming technology enabling a higher contrast ratio than a conventional edge-lit screen.
- New 10.25-inch passenger screen with three major functions: co-pilot (navigation, device management), entertainment (via HDMI) and the ability to view the exterior vehicle cameras.
- One Pedal Driving Mode: Upon releasing the accelerator, the regenerative braking system engages, gently decelerating the truck and harnessing kinetic energy to replenish the battery. This function autonomously adjusts the output of the electric drive motors, contributing to an additional layer of efficiency.
- EV Pages showing:
- Power Flow: demonstrates the flow of power through the vehicle in kW.
- Range Impact: advises how to reduce energy consumption and increase range.
- Driving History: a power/charge bar chart showing energy consumption and regeneration in current, weekly, two-week and four-week intervals.
- Charge Schedules: user can select the optimal charging schedule.
- Max Battery Level: customer has a choice between an 80% charge level for daily/towing needs, which is optimized for battery performance, or 100% for long distance needs
- Charging Level.
Originally posted on Work Truck Online